Linux users of Victoria
This is the working wiki for Members of LUV and the committee.
To visit the website go to http://www.luv.asn.au
LUV-Main Feb 04
- Les Kitchen, Linux on non-Intel architectures.
- Compilation of LCA videos
LUV-Beginners Feb 15
- An Introduction to Slackware, by Lev Lafayette
LUV-Main March 04
- Colby Swandale, Vagrant
- Suelette Dreyfus, Whistleblowers
LUV-Beginners March 15
- An Introduction to Drupal, Daniel Jitnah
LUV-Main April 01
- Bianca Gibson, Preventing Volunteer Burnout
- Russell Coker, Current Status of BTRFS
LUV-Beginners April 19
- Terence Kemp, Tweaking the GNOME Desktop
LUV-Main May 06
- Russell Coker, Why I Hate OpenSSL and Heartbleed
- Sean Crosby, Linux, LHC, and distributed file systems.
LUV-Beginners May 17
- Wen Lin, Recent Developments and Extensions to LibreOffice
LUV-Main June 03
- Pop-up extra AGM to approve re-aligned financial statement and making mail archives public
- Martin Paulo, OpenStack Heat
- Kevin Littlejohn, Docker -- Containerize all the things!
LUV-Beginners June 21
- Daniel Jitnah, was "Options for GUI programming", but might change.
LUV-Main July 01
- Lev Lafayette, Software and Innovation Patents
- Ewan Barr, Linux and the Square Kilometre Array
LUV-Beginners July 19
- LUV Miniconf, Install Fest, and Chapter Establishment in Morwell.
LUV-Main August 05
- Bernard Meade, 3D Printing
- Richard Keech, Linux on Raspberry Pi for monitoring and control in a sustainable house.
LUV-Beginners August 16
- Deb Henry, MythTV
LUV-Main September 02
- Annual General Meeting
- Lightning Talks
- Paul Foxworthy, auprefs.info
- Daniel Jitnah, ICT Professionals in Schools Program
- Andrew Pam Android
- Mike Hewitt HPLIP
LUV-Beginners September 20
- Software Freedom Day
Electron Workshop in North Melbourne with Free Software Melbourne
LUV-Main October 07
- Stewart Smith, A History of MySQL
- Hank Content-centric networking
LUV-Beginners October 18
- Wen Lin, Introduction to the Command Line
LUV-Main November 5 NOTE MELBOURNE CUP ON TUESDAY
LUV-Beginners November 15
- Daniel Jitnah - GUI Programming in Linux
LUV-Main December 2
Paul Foxworthy is an open source developer whose day job is working on Australianising and customising the Apache OFBiz ERP system. He is a committer to the OFBiz project and also currently serves as a director of Open Source Industry Australia. He is very pleased to have finally done something just possibly cool enough to give a LUV talk.
LUV-Beginners December 20
- Terry Kemp, The New OpenSuSE
LUV-Main February 3
LUV-Beginners February 21
- Deb Henry, Other Options in Myth TV